Monday, February 1, 2010

Book of the Week

1-27-10

This book caught me a bit by surprise. I normally don't read Fantastic Four. In fact, I think the last time I bought two consecutive issues was when Claremont took over, and even then, I didn't stay on board for long. I tried the first issue of Millar's run, and found it abysmal.

But advertisements and previews got me interested in this. So I bought it. And I really liked it. This is mostly a setup book, but it looks like Jonathon Hickman has some pretty wild ideas coming up, and I'm totally excited. Dale Eaglesham's art is great. There's a great Alan Davis cover.

There's a new aspect that adds a bit of depth to the Moleman and Moloids that I've never seen. I don't want to spoil too much, so I'll just say that there are a lot of cool ideas planted here. I hope subsequent issues hold up, because it looks like The Fantastic Four are in for a far-out Kirby-esque epic. There's potential for a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment