Wednesday, February 17, 2010

International Incident

I've always said that the Vaudevillian Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire Justice League is one of my all-time favorite runs in comic book history. Although, Maguire didn't draw all of this, I'm including Justice League (later retitled Justice League International and Justice League of America), Justice League of Europe, Formally known as the Justice League, and I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League.

Kieth Giffen and JM DeMatteis have since become known for telling superhero stories in Vaudeville tradition. In fact, I think that there were like three JLI covers with Blue Beetle saying to Booster Gold, "This is another fine mess you've gotten us into."

The trio also made a Defenders series a few years back, and recently were doing Metal Men backups in Doom Patrol. When those were cancelled, I was so upset that I dropped every DC book I was buying. Kind of. Doom Patrol was the only DC book I was buying. Unless you count the two Vertigo books.

Anyway, as you can imagine, I got a huge boner when I looked at DC's May solicitations. First off, Giffen and DeMatteis are taking over Booster Gold with issue 32 with a Kevin Maguire cover.

Also, the Justice League International will be returning in Justice League: Generation Lost. Although, this one, I'm not quite sure of. First, it's a Brightest Day thing, and I couldn't finish Blackest Night. Secondly, I think its something like a 26 issue mini. But mostly, its written by Giffen and Judd Winick, who I don't dislike, but have never read anything of his that I really enjoyed. Hopefully, it will still be funny. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I'm happy to see the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment