Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Endings

A year ago I loved this series so much that I wrote:

"It's what Disney and Warner Brothers comics would be like if they had any balls and didn't just publish stories aimed at little kids to generate supplementary sales for their big budget summer garbage."

Which I still stand by. Any hero published by the big too comes off as a pussy in comparison.

Unfortunately after seven monthly issues, this one had a ten month delay. On the up side, it's very good and I'm kind of glad that it ended since it can't keep up a schedule. Six years ago, Godland was my absolute favorite book and I wore my Basil Cronus t-shirt (on a side note, the only person who ever recognized it was Patton Oswalt) out faster than any shirt I have ever owned. Now it comes out twice a year and I still love it, but a lot of the excitement's gone.

Anyway if you missed this, there's a hardcover coming out soon. And Godland only had one issue left (although 36 just came out earlier this month, so probably not until next year) so that should be collected sometime. There both great.

No comments:

Post a Comment