Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You Need to Hear This

I'm only on my second post and I still haven't really posted anything about comic books, and this is in some aspects negative. So I am kind of abandoning yesterday's mission statement. Sorry. But I am going to write about music stuff that's not on my music website. So that's kind of true. I would never (probably) mock a band on Comfort Comes. That' not really professional, unless I worked at Chunklet (which would be awesome).

This video is pretty awesome. I'm usually a little behind when it comes to pop music, but I recently stumbled across this video. The band is called Attack Attack. They're from Ohio, the same state that fucked up the 2004 Presidential election and got Dimebag Darrel killed.

This may be the worst song since Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend. Not that I haven't heard any atrocious songs in the past few years, but it takes something more for a song to cross the line from so terrible that it has a redeeming entertainment value. The most klassic example of this is KISS's Beth.



If you haven't listened all the way through, you really should. Every recent fad is thrown in there somewhere. So many great cliches ; the synchronized hair flipping, hardcore breakdowns, dance breakdowns, and autotune at the end. It's all great. Also, if you can handle it, check out http://www.myspace.com/attackattack for their cover of Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl and Shred White and Blue.

Wikipedia says they have a new album coming out this year, which I can't really in good conscience recommend buying, but maybe check YouTube sometime in the future for a laugh.

If you have listened to too much Attack Attack and would like to hear something good, try this:

No comments:

Post a Comment