Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Whole Nother New World


On the rare occasion that I don't have a lot to say, I'm going to keep this week's Marvel reviews short. I found both new titles decent enough that I enjoyed, but nowhere near interesting enough to buy anther issue. Uncanny X-Force is a pretty standard X-Men book. It picks up right where the last series left (It seems to anyway. I didn't finish it out.). It's definitely the stronger of the two X-Force titles.













Young Avengers had pretty decent character development and some good art. I might have liked this a lot more if I were a little younger. It's a pretty good teen drama. Not enough really gets going enough to really spark my interest.













Deadpool is getting cartoonier. Very violent and funny. It culminates with a boxing match with zombie Lincoln and sets up a space battle with zombie Reagan next issue. My only issue is with Marvel's scheduling. They can learn a lot from DC about keeping a strict monthly schedule. The first three issues were released every other week, and this one took a month and a half to come out. That's awful. Unfortunately Tony Moore is not drawing the next arc, but hopefully that will give them time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment