Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Less New World

 I think the reason I'm getting sick writing about these is because I'm getting sick of reading them. Marvel definitely put the quality books out in the first couple months of their relaunch.

Secret Avengers is another book that wasn't particularly bad or good. It should be titled SHIELD, but I can't really complain about that because the last SHIELD book (which was excellent; fans of Manhattan Projects should read it; if you're not reading MP, you all should be) did so poorly that the last two issues were solicited but were never released.

This is Marvel's covert ops team that reflects the popular characters in the movies. As you can see on the cover, the Hulk is teased, but doesn't appear in this issue.

The opening scene was a pretty cool intro. The art is also pretty solid. I like Marvel's transition bringing in the Samuel L Jackson Nick Fury into their main universe.

I think my biggest problem is having a gritty book where the two main characters are pussies about killing people. If you look at the cover again, you will notice that their main "super powers" are a gun and a bow and arrow. What do they do with them? Shoot terrorists in the kneecaps? Hawkeye is essentially a Heather.


Avengers Arena continues to be fun and interesting. I don't care that it's Battle Royale and that it exists because The Hungry Games is popular with the kids. This is in my opinion Marvel's second best title (behind Cap).

No comments:

Post a Comment