Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Eight, Better Stay Up Late

Freddy Vs Jason

This is barely part of the original franchise.  Firstly, it was made nine years after the previous installment.  Secondly, it wasn't include in the box set I bought in 1999.  Thirdly, it's the only Freddy movie that I saw for the first time as an adult.  Everyone knows that when something's made when you're already an adult that it's stupid and doesn't count.

Anyway, this wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  Maybe because my expectations were so incredibly low.  I don't know.  I think the biggest problem with these types of things is that they spawn from hypothetical questions that fourth graders ask, yet because creators don't want to alienate half the audience (although, I could be biased, but I don't think it's a 50/50 split), so you have a compromised ending with no clear winner.  You have an explosion caused by a third party that blows up Freddy, so Jason wins.  But Freddy breaks the fourth wall and winks at the audience.  So did Jason really win?  Does that ending satisfy anyone?  Fuck it.  I'm done with these films now.

Or am I?



I'm not.

Watching the remake tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment