Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scarlet

OK.  So this site really isn't about comic books anymore.  I now get my books monthly, and tried to continue my "Book of the Week" column, but kind of just fell away from it.  How much can I say about Savage Dragon and Fantastic Four every month, anyway?

Quite a lot, actually.  Seriously, you should really be reading FF by now.  It's one of the craziest books there is right now.  Also, I've been meaning to recommend  SHIELD, also by Jonathon Hickman, which is probably like ten times as wild.  Both have amazing artists.  I can't speak highly enough.

Anyway, I just read Scarlet by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev, and it's great.  If you don't know, it's a creator owned book on Marvel's Icon imprint.  I'm not going to talk about the plot, but I will say that it's not a superhero book.

I'm not really sure exactly where this is heading, but it's a really stellar first issue, and I'm really happy to see Bendis do some crime stuff again.  Not that I don't like superheroes, but I get enough of them in like 90% of every comic that's been published in the past half century.  Really cool.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment