Friday, June 4, 2010

Muchos Melvins

Just kidding.  See what I just did?  I went the other way this time.  I'm actually going to do a Book of the Week.  Serious, this time.  Here we go:

Book of the Week
            or
International Incident 2: Electric Boogaloo

5-12-10

I mentioned this a while back when it was first announced, and I'm happy to say that Booster Gold 32 lived up to my expectations.  In true Giffen and DeMatteis fashion, this book is hilarious.

The humor counter-balances surprisingly nicely with some real serious, heart-breaking moments.  Being a time traveler, Booster (mistakenly) jumps to Daxam in the midst of The Great Darkness (for those of you who don't know, we're talking about genocide).

Anyway, its a great start and seems to leading into some great stuff.  I should also mention that Chris Batista's artwork is great.

On the other side of that coin, I feel like I should mention Justice League: Generation Lost, the twenty-six issue miniseries written by Giffen and Winick starring the JLI kicked off the same day.  Unfortunately, this book isn't nearly as good as Booster Gold.  It's played serious, and Maxwell Lord is like the most dangerous villain in the DCU, and I just don't think the characters work well like that.  Bummer.  I guess you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment