Monday, April 19, 2010

Book of the Week

3-17-10

The penultimate issue of this book is another reason why I hate events. Like many of these things, The Siege book itself has been kind of, "OK. This is happening." I haven't been reading many of the spinoffs, but Dark Avengers has had some really cool stuff going on. It seems like this story really could have happened in Bendis' Avengers books and been a pretty strong story. On a similar note, I probably would have really enjoyed Blackest Night if it was just a four or five issue Green Lantern arc. Now, I understand that Marvel and DC are businesses and that profits do take precedence over storytelling, so I'll stop complaining. Anyway, you should read this book, even if you're not buying The Siege. I think it stands up pretty well on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment