Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Book of the Week

3-10-10

I realize that, in recent weeks, my page has turned into posts of funny videos, esoteric pictures, terse sentences, and a lot of swearing at sports teams. I'm totally behind with this column, and will try to catch up in the next week or so.

Anyway, I don't think I've mentioned it on this page, but Micheal Avon Oeming is one of my favorite artists (and a really good writer, too) out there. This issue is a prime example of why.

After the To Be Continued:

"Holy Lord. We took it all the way to the back cover. Why? Because Mike drew this one big."

This comic has 41 pages of art (including the inside back- cover) and no ads. For a story that is usually told through many panels and dense dialogue, this issue is very sparse with huge panels. Oeming created a very cool and unique layout that really captures the essence of Noir in what is essentially an issue long, very exciting car chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment