Thursday, April 4, 2013

Resumed Development

I had actually planned to start a new column tonight, but  then this was announced earlier today so I figured it's more important. I'll hopefully get to said new column next week. Or never. Who knows? It's another comicbook thread that I'm titling Against My Better Judgement.

Anyway, Arrested Development's long awaited 15 episode fourth season will debut on Netflix, May 26th, 12:01 am. Just so you don't have to rush to your calendar: That's Saturday night/Sunday morning Memorial Day weekend.

As excited as I am, I'm still pretty skeptical. The show ended eight years ago. It may be hard to catch lightning in a bottle after all this time. But more importantly, it had a great ending. There's no question that it was cancelled way before it's time, but a lot of shows don't even get a final episode. Here's the weird part: The creators are only doing this one season on Netflix in order to get some attention to shop around a movie.  If that doesn't get off the ground, we'll have a show that had an ending that is now incomplete. It'll be like the anit-Firefly.

I'm hoping that it is good and lives up to expectations. Even after everything I said, I am pretty excited about this. I'm going to start re-watching the series tonight. It's been a long time, and I've been meaning to go back for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment