Thursday, March 14, 2013

A couple nights back, I was privileged enough to see an unfinished cut of Bill Plympton's new feature Cheatin'. I mentioned it here a couple months back. You can check out some stuff in the Kickstarter video if you'd like. All of the principle animation is finished. A lot of the colors and detail weren't completed, and the accompanying score is temporary. Plympton said that the film should be finished by June.

Anyway, if you get a chance to see this, I urge you to. The animation that was colored was absolutely gorgeous (and it was also cool to see a lot of it in black and white). It's a really sweet story told in a totally unique narrative.

If you're at all familiar with Plympton's animation style, you know that it can be strange and experimental. I've only seen shorts previously and was concerned that a feature might be too much. Not the case at all. I was not bored once throughout the 90 minute film containing no real dialogue. Honestly, I can't wait to see it again when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment