Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fatale

Despite my love for most things hard boiled and noir, I've never read Criminal or any of the Brubaker/Phillips stuff. I'm not really sure why. My only guess is that I never jumped on it at the beginning because I was never really that into Brubaker's mainstream stuff. I don't think I even became that aware of it until the Blast of Silence was released on DVD a few years back with Sean Phillips art. One day, I'll have to catch up on the trades.

I was pretty happy that they started a new series that I could get in on from the ground up. On top of that, this series infuses Lovecraftian horror. How cool is that? The first issue incorporates the horror themes subtly and it works seamlessly.

If that's not enough to get you on board, look at this cover. How could you not want to read this?

No comments:

Post a Comment